Modular buildings are aligned to the ground level after restart

FiK

Question

So all modules (and safe) we put in air was on ground after restart.

Nobody blow it up or anything else, it was just on ground and im not sure if that's how it works.

On screenshots and movies from others i can see that they should stay in position we left them :/

Any idea? Maybe we'r doing something wrong, duno :x

I post same on server's forum, where i used to notice that, but maybe u guys know sth about it there?

Do I need to support cellings by walls from bottom or is there any special technic to build in good way?

I can give some screenshots tomorrow, im going to work atm.

14 answers to this question

Confirmed by admin - on vanilla test server is ok, we have that bug becouse of additonal building menu.

My Head Admin is offline atm so cant say with addon is that and if he's going to do sth with it, but imo if epoch team made so much changes and main and biggest one is that modular building, then we should get this one on server.

I belive on my HA, and I'm sure that he can figure it out, maybe he'll post solution or at least help how to do it on this forum, cuz modular building + that building menu we have can give awesome results!

Ok i sorted it for my server this is probably a long winded way of doing it but it works for me (also fixes m240 nest floating after restart)

In server_monitor.sqf look for

if ((_object isKindOf "Static") && !(_object isKindOf "TentStorage")) then {
			_object setpos [(getposATL _object select 0),(getposATL _object select 1), 0];
		};

And change to

if ((_object isKindOf "Fence_corrugated_plate")) then {
			_object setpos [(getPosASL _object select 0),(getPosASL _object select 1), 0];
		};

if ((_object isKindOf "WarfareBDepot")) then {
		};

if ((_object isKindOf "M240Nest_DZ")) then {
		};

if ((_object isKindOf "WarfareBCamp")) then {
		};

The objects i added are the things needing getPosASL to sit on the ground correctly and not float. just add the class names of the objects that you have in your build recipe list that need it. just copy and paste one and replace the class name.

This is probably a crap way of doing things but it works.

anyone have a fix for this??? when ever install basebuilding 1.2 with improvements and build with modular building after restart all of the pieces fall to the ground if they were in the air..the method above works for 1.2 buildables but thats to keep them on the ground i need a fix for the modular falling to the ground and not staying in the air..

What I did in my last post worked for me.

BOOM! Here's the correct way to fix this B)

Heres the correct fix for this, had to scour my files for it, all you need is to change one line of code!

if (typeOf(_object) in allbuildables_class) then {

This is also more efficient than using dozens of lines of logic to band-aid the issue. Doing it this way will also have it only set the objects listed in that array, used for base building, to set on the ground.

BOOM! Here's the correct way to fix this B)

Heres the correct fix for this, had to scour my files for it, all you need is to change one line of code!

This is also more efficient than using dozens of lines of logic to band-aid the issue. Doing it this way will also have it only set the objects listed in that array, used for base building, to set on the ground.

Cheers! knew there would be a less long winded way.

Where am i supposed to put this line of code? :)

In my server_monitor.sqf i allready have this but stuff is still falling to the ground.
We've just started a dedicated host and i believe this is my last bug to correct. 
Any help appreciated!

diag_log ("SERVER: in allbuildables_class:" + typeOf(_object) + " !");
for "_i" from 0 to ((count allbuildables) - 1) do
{
_classname = (allbuildables select _i) select _i - _i + 1;
_result = [_classname,typeOf(_object)] call BIS_fnc_areEqual;
if (_result) then {
_requirements = (allbuildables select _i) select _i - _i + 2;

_isDestructable = _requirements select 13;
diag_log ("SERVER: " + typeOf(_object) + " _isDestructable = " + str(_isDestructable));
if (!_isDestructable) then {
diag_log("Spawned: " + typeOf(_object) + " Handle Damage False");
_object addEventHandler ["HandleDamage", {false}];
};
};
};
//gateKeypad = _object addaction ["Defuse", "\z\addons\dayz_server\compile\enterCode.sqf"];
};

Can anyone post a finished file with this fix in it?

Also, i have a couple of other problems, my modular building will not let me place items because it says i dont have the exact amount of required materials in my inventory. And Base building items disappear after the building actions and are not put into the data base.

If someone could help install them into my .pbo's i would really appreciate it.

If you guys still have this problem, do as i say.

in server_monitor.sqf find this line:

if ((_object isKindOf "Static") && !(_object isKindOf "TentStorage")) then {

and replace it with this:

and it should fix it.

I did that and every madular building got back to his place.