[HELP] HFBservers ? Settings

Franzoart

Question

Hello guys!

Im new to this mod, and i bought a server from "HFBserver"

Im trying to contact them with support tickets but seems that they are really busy and dont reply... in their FAQ there isnt anything helpfull... I just want to change the server from RECRUIT to VETERAN and i dont understood how to do it via control panel, then i want to add a customized map (Where i can download it, and how to put it in?)

So, i really want to edit my server, but i dunno how? Any helps?

And another thing... Why i cannot connect to DART on this server??? It says to check the password, but im sure the rcon is right.

9 answers to this question

To change difficulty:

Configuration Files > Main Server Config [Text Editor]

Down near the bottom of the config you should see something like this:

class DayZ {
		template = dayz_epoch_13.tavi;
		difficulty = "Recruit";    // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
	};

Just change "Recruit" to "Veteran."

To change difficulty:

Configuration Files > Main Server Config [Text Editor]

Down near the bottom of the config you should see something like this:

class DayZ {
		template = dayz_epoch_13.tavi;
		difficulty = "Recruit";    // change this for other difficulty settings, regular, expert is valid
	};

Just change "Recruit" to "Veteran."

Yes thanks Tesla! I already found how to change that... but, i was looking for a customized map, and how to upload it in my server, could u help me for that too? :( I'm dont understand a lot of this things

Adding Buildings:

-launch Arma 2 and at the main menu press Alt+E

-select map

-click "Center" on the top right and double-click on the map to place it (doesn't matter which side you select, just hit okay)

-do the same with "Group" and then with a unit

-after that you can edit in 3D mode

-select "Vehicles" to find what buildings you want

-double-click where you want to place it

-you can drag it around with the mouse

-hold shift+drag to rotate it

-hold alt+drag to move it up/down

-once you have your buildings placed, save

-find the mission file you created in your Arma 2 profiles folder (C:\Users\[username]\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\[profile name]\[name you saved it as].sqf

-open the mission.sqf file in a text editor

-copy all of the bits that look like this:

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Misc_cargo_cont_net3", [6057.5063, 1404.1803, 1.9073486e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_1 = _this;
  _this setPos [6057.5063, 1404.1803, 1.9073486e-005];
};

-create a new text file

-type this:

if (isServer) then {

};

-paste the code you copied from the mission.sqf in between the brackets, so it looks something like this:

if (isServer) then {
	_vehicle_1 = objNull;
	if (true) then
	{
	  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [7444.3857, 8110.2295, 0.069433667], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	  _vehicle_1 = _this;
	  _this setDir 36.279942;
	  _this setPos [7444.3857, 8110.2295, 0.069433667];
	};

_vehicle_13 = objNull;
	if (true) then
	{
	  _this = createVehicle ["Land_sara_domek_zluty", [5167.0488, 6250.8979, 9.1552734e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	  _vehicle_13 = _this;
	  _this setDir 206.68541;
	  _this setPos [5167.0488, 6250.8979, 9.1552734e-005];
	};
};

-save as a .sqf (select "any type" as the file type and just add ".sqf" at the end of whatever you choose to name it)

Note: Many of the buildings that are added in the editor use different classnames than normal Arma 2, so they won't spawn loot. To fix this, you need to replace the classnames in your .sqf with their proper Arma 2 versions. Refer to the object library to get the correct classnames. Usually you just have to replace or remove the "MAP" part. Most of the classname should be correct. For example, for barracks, the editor name would be "MAP_Mil_Barracks_i". This needs to be changed to "Land_Mil_Barracks_i". Just use your text editor's find & replace feature to make things easier.

-download and unpack your server.pbo (on your server, it's located in the @Dayz_Epoch_Server folder)

-place the .sqf file you created into the folder

-go into the "init" folder and open "server functions.sqf"

-at the bottom add this line (with ******* being what you named the .sqf:

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\*******.sqf";

-repack and re-upload the server.pbo, overwriting the old one (if you're using HFB's file manager you may have to delete the old server.pbo first; make sure you back it up just in case)

Adding Buildings:

-launch Arma 2 and at the main menu press Alt+E

-select map

-click "Center" on the top right and double-click on the map to place it (doesn't matter which side you select, just hit okay)

-do the same with "Group" and then with a unit

-after that you can edit in 3D mode

-select "Vehicles" to find what buildings you want

-double-click where you want to place it

-you can drag it around with the mouse

-hold shift+drag to rotate it

-hold alt+drag to move it up/down

-once you have your buildings placed, save

-find the mission file you created in your Arma 2 profiles folder (C:\Users\[username]\Documents\ArmA 2 Other Profiles\[profile name]\[name you saved it as].sqf

-open the mission.sqf file in a text editor

-copy all of the bits that look like this:

_vehicle_1 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["Misc_cargo_cont_net3", [6057.5063, 1404.1803, 1.9073486e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_1 = _this;
  _this setPos [6057.5063, 1404.1803, 1.9073486e-005];
};

-create a new text file

-type this:

if (isServer) then {

};

-paste the code you copied from the mission.sqf in between the brackets, so it looks something like this:

if (isServer) then {
	_vehicle_1 = objNull;
	if (true) then
	{
	  _this = createVehicle ["Land_Mil_Barracks_i", [7444.3857, 8110.2295, 0.069433667], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	  _vehicle_1 = _this;
	  _this setDir 36.279942;
	  _this setPos [7444.3857, 8110.2295, 0.069433667];
	};

_vehicle_13 = objNull;
	if (true) then
	{
	  _this = createVehicle ["Land_sara_domek_zluty", [5167.0488, 6250.8979, 9.1552734e-005], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
	  _vehicle_13 = _this;
	  _this setDir 206.68541;
	  _this setPos [5167.0488, 6250.8979, 9.1552734e-005];
	};
};

-save as a .sqf (select "any type" as the file type and just add ".sqf" at the end of whatever you choose to name it)

Note: Many of the buildings that are added in the editor use different classnames than normal Arma 2, so they won't spawn loot. To fix this, you need to replace the classnames in your .sqf with their proper Arma 2 versions. Refer to the object library to get the correct classnames. Usually you just have to replace or remove the "MAP" part. Most of the classname should be correct. For example, for barracks, the editor name would be "MAP_Mil_Barracks_i". This needs to be changed to "Land_Mil_Barracks_i". Just use your text editor's find & replace feature to make things easier.

-download and unpack your server.pbo (on your server, it's located in the @Dayz_Epoch_Server folder)

-place the .sqf file you created into the folder

-go into the "init" folder and open "server functions.sqf"

-at the bottom add this line (with ******* being what you named the .sqf:

[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_server\*******.sqf";

-repack and re-upload the server.pbo, overwriting the old one (if you're using HFB's file manager you may have to delete the old server.pbo first; make sure you back it up just in case)

Ohhhhhhh Tesla, i did it, and it works!!! Thank u so much! And what about add SELF BLOODBAG / Sleep to rest / Commit suicide etc... ?

Don't know about sleeping and suicide, but you can download Krixes self-bloodbag script from here and just follow their directions. Just make sure you get the compiles.sqf and fn_selfactions.sqf out of the dayz_code.pbo from your client files and re-install the script every time you update to a new version of Epoch. If you use files from older versions it can cause problems.

Well i just found a lot of shits to add in the server :D take a look HERE if u may need them...

Another questions, I dunno why, if i try to find my server on the MULTIPLAYER inside the game, appear this message:

25je7hf.jpg

As can u see it says: MUST INSTALL MAP PACK ON YOUR SERVER IN HFB CONTROL PANEL

And i already did it... but why it continuous to say it? May I have to do something in the database? Coz i dont really know what to touch in MySql things... 

and what about admin tools? Im starting to get crazy  :(