Adding self bloodbagging

RAMBO

Question

Hello everyone. I am feeling pretty decent at applying scripts to my server at this point. However, I have been unsuccessful at adding self bloodbag. I am certain I know the issue but not how to solve it. I sent in a ticket to Dayzpriv (My host) and this is their reply.

-

FN self actions is in the main pbo's of the core game and something you do not have access to.  
You need to get yours from your local install of dayz.

-

So this leaves me with the question, where do I find fn_selfActions.sqf in my local install? And do I simply copy it into the mission PBO with the call in's that Krixes blood bagging instructs?

2 answers to this question

You will need to access the @DayZ_Epoch folder within your Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead (or just Arma 2) folder.

Within the Addons folder, unpack the dayz_code.pbo, then look inside the "compile" folder for fn_selfactions.

I recommend having a folder structure inside your mission.pbo like so:

mission.pbo > dayz_code > compile

mission.pbo > dayz_code > init

Copy fn_selfactions from the client (@DayZ_Epoch/addons/dayz_code.pbo/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf) into your mission (DayZ_Epoch_##.mapname.pbo/dayz_code/compile/fn_selfActions.sqf).

Now you want to go into DayZ_Epoch_##.mapname.pbo/dayz_code/dayz_code/init, and create a file titled "compiles.sqf"

Inside of compiles.sqf, you want to paste:

if (!isDedicated) then {
	fnc_usec_selfActions = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\compile\fn_selfActions.sqf";
};
Save the compiles.sqf and open up your DayZ_Epoch_##.mapname.pbo/init.sqf and find the line:

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
AND ADD AFTER

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";
Now you are able to make any changes you would like to fn_selfactions.sqf within your mission file.

It is highly recommended to repeat this process for every single DayZ Epoch update, as the fn_selfActions.sqf file changes nearly every update.

Welcome to the forums!