Major lag in cherno and electro fixed

Achmed

Question

For a long time people have been complaining to me about lag in the 2 major citys. It got to the point where a lot of people would not go into either cherno or electro because of the lag

After doing a bit of testing it turns out the problem is the huge cargo ship thats in the port.

to remove it open the mission.sqf file and remove

_vehicle_379 = objNull;
if (true) then
{
  _this = createVehicle ["sigisolda6", [10158.258, 1686.7931, 0.0062988698], [], 0, "CAN_COLLIDE"];
  _vehicle_379 = _this;
  _this setDir -80.566795;
  _this setVehicleArmor 0.44294706;
  _this setVehicleLock "LOCKED";
  _this setPos [10158.258, 1686.7931, 0.0062988698];
};

After i did this im getting no FPS issued at all in cherno or electro

24 answers to this question

OK so I'm having a look at my mission.sqf and its not there.. did a search for _vehicle_379   not found, searched for sigsolda6 not found..

will post my mission.sqf

just realised that I haven't got any dropbox or github set-up so have posted the file here

creating a dropbox account now

I am on 1.0.2.2 with axle's 1.0 trader updates..

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9eygafd6txjrc2f/mission-1.sqf

soz about that wall of text.. I have removed it now and used my dropbox link..

hope it works

Holy text Batman!

Some comments...

[2013-09-21 | 03:29:17]  RCon admin #0: (Global) [DB] anyone in Elektro or Cherno report if FPS are higher pls?
[2013-09-21 | 03:29:31]  (Side) SassyBLT: Much higher
[2013-09-21 | 03:29:40]  (Side) SassyBLT: At least in Ektro
[2013-09-21 | 03:29:40]  (Side) Oreh Eid: yarrr

Sounds like an easy fix, if this is indeed the case we will certainly be removing it next patch.

On ours which is full nearly 24/7 with a lot of database items, the improvement is amazing. I can't believe that destroyer caused so much fps lag!

I will christen her the HMS Framerate, may she sink :lol:

Pretty crazy tbh, wonder why it was affecting both the coastal towns and wonder if its made FPS in other big town or if something else is causing drops?

09:20:46 | RCon admin #0: (Global) Anyone been to Elektro / Cherno? Does the FPS seem better?
09:20:53 | (Side) PopeOfPopes: its much better TJ

I will christen her the HMS Framerate, may she sink  :lol:

Send her down to the depths below.

Yeah I did this several months ago, and added enable simulation false to all items that required it, which increased my serverload FPS nicely. I suggest you all do the same, just add an INIT line in each object to add the code. Wasn't sure if the cargo ship actually caused it but now its confirmed. Good to know.

Yeah I did this several months ago, and added enable simulation false to all items that required it, which increased my serverload FPS nicely. I suggest you all do the same, just add an INIT line in each object to add the code. Wasn't sure if the cargo ship actually caused it but now its confirmed. Good to know.

enable simulation false to all items ??

Please show how this is done, 

Pretty crazy tbh, wonder why it was affecting both the coastal towns and wonder if its made FPS in other big town or if something else is causing drops?

Send her down to the depths below.

As I haven't seen the source .p3d for it, only thing I can imagine is the engine trying to create crude geometry from the visible resolution Lods.  All of the geometry requires closed components, if it did in fact have to resort to a resolution mesh...chances are the SOB leaked as far as she would render.