Heliport on Metal Floor

aalec25

Hello all,

I try several to use Metal Floor as heliport. It works until the restart.

If I let my chooper on it between a restart, I find it destroy on the floor.

There is any possibility to stabilise the chopper on Metal Floor between several restarts ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

++ 

AleC

I've seen this happen too, quite frustrating.

I'd hazard to say it's due to the way the objects are initialized on server start up, perhaps it needs to prioritize the placement of modular objects - before spawning in any saved vehicles. I might run some tests and see what I can come up with.

I have a base where I build a floor on a roof of a building. Heli's were fine and nothing happened to them until I got a little bird and I think I got out too quickly (while it was still on). It started jumping up and down and blew up destroying 1/2 of my base :D

I found that you have to park ur heli, turn off ur engine and wait till the rotors stop. then get out and it should be fine (was in my case afterwards)

I'd hazard to say it's due to the way the objects are initialized on server start up, perhaps it needs to prioritize the placement of modular objects - before spawning in any saved vehicles. I might run some tests and see what I can come up with.

Thanks for your answer. I think you are right about priorities of placements when the server starts. Admins must make spawn modular objects before vehicles.

The question is if it's possible for admins to make these priorities.

If someone knows, thanks in advance !!

Alex

Thanks a lot !! I'm going to send this topic to admins of the server where I play.

I will let you know.

Thanks

Yea i had the excat Same Problem. just comment out the _object setvelocity [0,0,1]; line in your server_monitor.sqf.    Which is in your server pbo this way helicopters cars and any vehicles will stay in the same place as buildings spawn after vehicles 

Thanks a lot !! I'm going to send this topic to admins of the server where I play.

I will let you know.

Thanks

I have a base where I build a floor on a roof of a building. Heli's were fine and nothing happened to them until I got a little bird and I think I got out too quickly (while it was still on). It started jumping up and down and blew up destroying 1/2 of my base :D

I found that you have to park ur heli, turn off ur engine and wait till the rotors stop. then get out and it should be fine (was in my case afterwards)

Yeah, and also never try to repair it while it is on the floor. I tried it and it just flipped upside down and killed me and destroyed most of my base that i had JUST finished 5 minutes before that... took 3 hours to repair..

Yea i had the excat Same Problem. just comment out the _object setvelocity [0,0,1]; line in your server_monitor.sqf.    Which is in your server pbo this way helicopters cars and any vehicles will stay in the same place as buildings spawn after vehicles 

Where is the server_monitor.sqf located? 

Hello all,

The admins, from the server where I play, followed the advice from Mangos 64. We did tests for a week and it looks to work.

I am going to try with my Muzzie, but I still hesitate with my LittleBird & Huey. I will come back in a week to confirm if it works or not.

Have a good day !

Will this also keep vehicles from sliding down mild inclines on server restarts? I built a garage on a slight slope, and vehicles don't slide when you park them, but they seem to shift a little bit on each server restart and eventually start to merge into the wall.

Will this also keep vehicles from sliding down mild inclines on server restarts? I built a garage on a slight slope, and vehicles don't slide when you park them, but they seem to shift a little bit on each server restart and eventually start to merge into the wall.

Nope, vehicles can still slide.

This will be addressed in the next patch 1.0.2.4. Vehicles do need to spawn after buildings or the setvelocity command commented out for now.

Was this updated in the last patch? I think we are still losing choppers off our chopper pad.  It wasn't in the ground this time, but there wasn't any damage to the wood walls that would normally happen if it got blown up by someone when it was still on the chopper pad.

We have a multi-story base, on Friday evening we parked the Chopper on the upper level - joined on Saturday to find the chopper was sitting on the completely enclosed level below - got in the chopper, started it up (was going to just blow it up) and it popped back through to the top level (damaging every part in the process).

Will try implement a fix on my test server to delay placement of vehicles until base parts are initialized

We have a multi-story base, on Friday evening we parked the Chopper on the upper level - joined on Saturday to find the chopper was sitting on the completely enclosed level below - got in the chopper, started it up (was going to just blow it up) and it popped back through to the top level (damaging every part in the process).

Will try implement a fix on my test server to delay placement of vehicles until base parts are initialized

Would very much like to hear about it if you manage to find a fix/workarround for this, good luck and thank you.