How to fix Vehicles falling through Floors and buildings

mangos64

Question

Okay so basicly as far as I know it seems vehicles spawn before Building parts for example. I made a tower of floors and landed a heli. Then On restart the vehicle would fall because the floor has not spawned yet. This is also the issue for aircraft Carriers. 

To fix it You can hop on our ts and ill help you which is ts1.fpsplayers.com:9988   and ask for mangos

Or you can go through this which might be difficult because im terrible at explaining things

at line 248 in your dayz server pbo in dayz_server\system open the file called Server_monitor.sqf

Find this

if (!((typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects)) then {

_object setvelocity [0,0,1];
					_object call fnc_veh_ResetEH;	

And change it to this

if (!((typeOf _object) in dayz_allowedObjects)) then {

//_object setvelocity [0,0,1];
					_object call fnc_veh_ResetEH;	

This will make it so all vehicles will stay floating until they have been touched.

12 answers to this question

I've noticed that if you place a part down (say a metal floor), and place a heli that was on the server PRIOR to the metal floors creation, it falls through because the heli loads into the server before the metal flooring since the epoch SQL database does not have custom calls for a deployable objects and deployable vehicles.

Has this been implemented by default on 1.0.2.5?  This change has already been made on my files, I did not have to do this.  BUT, existing helis still fall through the floor... Is there no fix if the heli existed BEFORE the floor?

Not that easy to fix, what the server should do is collect all vehicles and spawn them after everything else (bases and stuff), that should work..

until now I thought the server would spawn everyhting in and after that enable the physics simulation (like falling etc), seeme like the vehicles are spawned when the server is already running :D

Afaik the only way for this to be fixed is for the buildables to be moved to a new sql table seperate from vehicles

That would be too easy :D

And don't forget the 1000+ admins who don't even know how to run a simple sql query, how would they update their server.. :P

I would probably pay them to separate objects and vehicles at this point lol

the thing is everything is a vehicle in the ArmA engine, so it would only make sense to separate those in 2 different tables for admins to make it easier to find something I guess?

The server could just collect all objects and sort them internally to do a better job, but I think they are using a streaming algorithm atm so that is be no option, question why is that streamed and not not just "select * from object_data" that would be faster and better? but I didn't read the whole code so this is just a wild guess and maybe to technical for most people in this forum anyways :D

Yea I don't care about loading, just make it easier to admin if all the vehicles are in a separate table.

All you need is a proper admin tool, that will do that seperation for you (any many other things)... i wanted to develop a tool like that, but don't have the time to start now and there was was not much interest in the first place so its on ice for now.. :/

All you need is a proper admin tool, that will do that seperation for you (any many other things)... i wanted to develop a tool like that, but don't have the time to start now and there was was not much interest in the first place so its on ice for now.. :/

this should return you all non-buildable vehicles in your database.  change "dayzepoch" to whatever your db is called

SELECT * FROM dayzepoch.object_data od
  WHERE 1 = 1
  AND od.Inventory NOT LIKE '[]'
  AND od.Hitpoints NOT LIKE '[]'