[OLD Release] Custom Chernarus Server Pack 1.2.1 - For Epoch 1.0.1.4 (Development Stopped)

Bungle

Id like to see more map updates available in Bungles pack for admins to toggle on and off, would especially like to see the aircraft carrier added.

Map editing is something I really enjoy and have done a lot of over the last 6 months on our server. I plan on releasing and producing some more good quality map updates that could be available. Some of the work I've already done includes;

- Team Fortresses (approximately 6 bare-bone fortresses scattered across the map for teams to find, fortify and secure. All in excellent locations)

- Chernarus urban improvements (urban areas improved)

- UN Aid camps (UN military camps added to the three airstrips)

- The last stand (various areas where survivors made a last stand)

- Ghost town (A long forgotten corner of Chernarus)

- Coastal defence ruins (some coastal ruins that add some nice points off intrest off shore)

- Redneck scrapheap  (a large breakers yard) 

- Hidden caches #1 (a couple of well hidden ammo/weapon caches scattered across the map)

- Hidden caches #2 (as above. I did plan to have a few of these that i owuld tweak n and off every couple of days to keep players on their toes)

- The maze (a player area a style maze designed to confuse and disorientate, excellent for events)

- Mullberry harbour (a large harbour off shore)

- BSB_Choke ( several check points and ambush points scattered around areas of the map)

I can help, also there are instructions posted on the first page of this thread if you need help.

so i think im on the right track i have the pack working edited the init.sqf to add more vehicles made it 1000 and repacked reuploaded the pbo is that all i need to do and restart?

1000 might cause issues but that should do it as long as you followed the other steps of the process. I can't speculate on what those are because you haven't provided a service provider.

sorry its with hfb cherno map and how many do think would be the limit?

sorry its with hfb cherno map and how many do think would be the limit?

I think I use 300 on my server and that's plenty enough. Follow my instructions on the first post of this thread, that'll get this going for you. You'll also need to copy in the scripts.txt file contents into the BattlEye folder > scripts.txt file. Those instructions are for 1.1 so you may need to adapt them slightly, I believe I wrote up another post for 1.2 but it hasn't been setup in the first post of the thread yet.

I have a HFB server and i am stuck on step 4, it says to remove dayz_code from the folder i downloaded but its not there?

Use these, they're updated instructions.

Step 1: Download 1.2.1 from OP and extract files to a unique folder (DayZEpoch Chernarus Custom Pack v1.2.1)

Step 2: Open the folder you extracted. If you need to make any alterations to customize this package, open the Mission folder and make any changes you need to.

Step 3: After you have made any necessary changes, either upload the custom.pbo files located in the folder, or create a new .pbo file from the mission and server files folder, naming them dayz_server.pbo and DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus.pbo according to which folder.

Step 4: Server files need to go to File Manager > @DayZ_Epoch_Server > Addons (Make sure to make a backup of your current mission file)

Step 5: Mission Files need to go to File Manager > MPMissions (Make sure to make a backup of your current mission file)

Step 6: Change the name of your server in the config files > config.cfg location to reflect current custom package.

Step 7: Start up server and test functionality. 

Step 8: edit scripts.txt in your BattlEye folder with the contents of the new scripts.txt file.

**** OPEN HOUSE ****

Knightsofra and rac are sponsoring an open house on our normally password protected server.  Filter Commander or ArmaII multiplayer server list yo find us using the word

knightsofra.  Our password will be removed at approximately 6PM EST.

Cheers

rac

rac, please do not spam this forum with event notifications.

I get this error when loading the game,

you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted jetskiyanahuiaddon

Battle eye restriction #0 still applies and gets kicked for crashing Admin Heli's :(

Fix for the despawning Admin veichles as below

a) In your dayz_server.pbo/compile/server_updateObject.sqf

Code:
if (!_parachuteWest) then {
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
    {
        _object_position = getPosATL _object;
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

and change to

Code:
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then {
        diag_log format ["DEBUG: Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at [%2,%3,%4]", typeOf _object, _object_position select 0, _object_position select 1, _object_position select 2];
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

Teseted by myself and it works

Sarge, <- He wrote it

XenonElite :)

Use these, they're updated instructions.

Step 1: Download 1.2.1 from OP and extract files to a unique folder (DayZEpoch Chernarus Custom Pack v1.2.1)

Step 2: Open the folder you extracted. If you need to make any alterations to customize this package, open the Mission folder and make any changes you need to.

Step 3: After you have made any necessary changes, either upload the custom.pbo files located in the folder, or create a new .pbo file from the mission and server files folder, naming them dayz_server.pbo and DayZ_Epoch_11.Chernarus.pbo according to which folder.

Step 4: Server files need to go to File Manager > @DayZ_Epoch_Server > Addons (Make sure to make a backup of your current mission file)

Step 5: Mission Files need to go to File Manager > MPMissions (Make sure to make a backup of your current mission file)

Step 6: Change the name of your server in the config files > config.cfg location to reflect current custom package.

Step 7: Start up server and test functionality. 

Step 8: edit scripts.txt in your BattlEye folder with the contents of the new scripts.txt file.

Thanks Minichiken, i will try this when i get back home :)

Edit: when you say edit the scripts.txt with the contents of the new scripts.txt, do you mean to replace the file or add the contents of the new scripts.txt to the old file? i tried to test it anyway without the filters to see what happened and it seemed to load fine till it got to the authenticating part, then got stuck halfway along the loading bar for a minute or 2 then i got a black screen and nothing else.

Sorry if i sound stupid but i have only had the server for a couple of days and havent dont things like this before. I do have the backup files i replaced just in case!

Edited by JohnMac

Thanks Minichiken, i will try this when i get back home :)

Edit: when you say edit the scripts.txt with the contents of the new scripts.txt, do you mean to replace the file or add the contents of the new scripts.txt to the old file? i tried to test it anyway without the filters to see what happened and it seemed to load fine till it got to the authenticating part, then got stuck halfway along the loading bar for a minute or 2 then i got a black screen and nothing else.

Sorry if i sound stupid but i have only had the server for a couple of days and havent dont things like this before. I do have the backup files i replaced just in case!

You can just copy paste the contents of the new file to the old one.

Ive been following this forum for a little while and i love the mod.  The group of friends i play with have been enjoying it quite a abit!  So thanks for all the hard work!

I did have one question and i really have to ask since it seems be be asked on several forums.  Using the admin tools (which works well)

using the latest pack here 1.2.1 and the latest epoch update everything runs well but no matter what i do (and i have tried all the stuff on blue phoenix and here) i cannot get spawned items from the admin tools to last more than a few seconds.  We planned on using them for a couple evens but are at a loss to get it to work.

Ive been following this forum for a little while and i love the mod.  The group of friends i play with have been enjoying it quite a abit!  So thanks for all the hard work!

I did have one question and i really have to ask since it seems be be asked on several forums.  Using the admin tools (which works well)

using the latest pack here 1.2.1 and the latest epoch update everything runs well but no matter what i do (and i have tried all the stuff on blue phoenix and here) i cannot get spawned items from the admin tools to last more than a few seconds.  We planned on using them for a couple evens but are at a loss to get it to work.

I've also been having this issue and bluephoenix's post didn't help very much. I'll look into this a bit more and see what I can find out.

@zabba51 and minichiken - i also had this problem, figured it out.  so here you go and it has to be exact. also, make sure you read the bottom portion

---below goes in server update_Object.sqf (this is in the compile folder replacing old code)----

if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then
    {
            diag_log(format["Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at pos [%2,%3,%4]",
            typeOf _object,
            _object_position select 0,
            _object_position select 1,
            _object_position select 2]);
            _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

----below goes into server_cleanup (this is in the system folder replacing old code)----

name="check_for_hacker";
    init=/*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"//Check for hackers" \n
    " {" \n
    " if(vehicle _x != _x) then {" \n
    " if (!(vehicle _x in _safety) && ((typeOf vehicle _x) != ""ParachuteWest"") && (vehicle _x getVariable [""Sarge"",0] != 1) ) then {" \n
    " diag_log (""CLEANUP: KILLING A HACKER "" + (name _x) + "" "" + str(_x) + "" IN "" + (typeOf vehicle _x));" \n
    " (vehicle _x) setDamage 1;" \n
    " _x setDamage 1;" \n
    " };" \n
    " };" \n
    " } forEach allUnits;" \n
    ""/*%FSM</STATEINIT""">*/;
    precondition=/*%FSM<STATEPRECONDITION""">*/""/*%FSM</STATEPRECONDITION""">*/;
    class Links

you will have to take newest epoch unmodded dayz_server pbo backup (dayz_server pbo from pack wont let you pack it after edit, get hung up on req. auth.) and copy, paste, or drag  compile, init, system, config.bin from server files from bungles pack into unmodded dayz_server pbo, replacing those same files (keep $prefix$ and pboprefix from unmodded dayz_server pbo, keep or delete modules it doesnt matter).  so in your new dayz_server pbo you should have compile, init, system, modules (if you want), config.bin, $prefix$, pboprefix).  pack and your good to go

Thanks Johnny Bravo! Will check how this goes and add it into the latest release.

Good news is my test server is firing on all cylinders so will test and update in the morning and should hopefully be able to report back with an update soon.

With news of Mr Awol taking a break.. I was relieved.. the man works too damn fast!  B) 

This should mean that I shouldn't have to update as frequent to try and keep up... hope to see you back soon champ and please just enjoy your time away from the keyboard!  :)

I get this error when loading the game,

you cannot play/edit this mission it is dependant on downloadable content that has been deleted jetskiyanahuiaddon

Battle eye restriction #0 still applies and gets kicked for crashing Admin Heli's :(

Fix for the despawning Admin veichles as below

a) In your dayz_server.pbo/compile/server_updateObject.sqf

Code:
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0") then
    {
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

and change to

Code:
    if (_objectID == "0" && _uid == "0" && (vehicle _object getVariable ["Sarge",0] != 1)) then {
        diag_log format ["DEBUG: Deleting object %1 with invalid ID at [%2,%3,%4]", typeOf _object, _object_position select 0, _object_position select 1, _object_position select 2];
        _isNotOk = true;
    };
};

Teseted by myself and it works

Sarge, <- He wrote it

XenonElite :)

i added this code in place of the other and when i restart my server i cant join it hfb server running 1.0.1.4