1.0.3 Update: Plot Poles

Black_Sheep

Question

I haven't yet seen anything on it so I shall ask. Are the plot poles tied to the player ID in this release so we can avoid the issues with death and not being able to build again? My players would be frustrated if they had to destroy the old one and buy a new one each time they died so I would like to know more about the mechanic please.

24 answers to this question

I can answer my own question by reading the Epoch Wiki...

-30 Meter Plot Pole cost six 10oz Gold Bars.
-Tagging someone gives you the ability to build on their plot. They also get the ability to build on your plot.
-Plot poles are tied to your current player's life. If you die, you will need to take down(deconstruct) the existing plot pole and redeploy it to build again. Until this is done you or your -friends will be unable to build within the plot pole radius.
-Plot poles do not disappear on death, but will need to be redeployed to be updated to the new owner. Anyone can 'claim' a plotpole by removing and replacing it.
-Plot Poles can be placed anywhere in the world except near other plot poles.

http://dayzepoch.com/wiki/index.php?title=30_Meter_Plot_Pole

Related to plot pole, so didn't want to start a new topic... is there a way for server admins to disable the plot pole requirement? I have a donator castle that players can build on, so requiring a plot pole would cause problems.

I came to ask the same question.  :wub:

dayz_code\actions\player_build.sqf

_requireplot = 1;
if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "requireplot")) then {
_requireplot = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "requireplot");
};

I'm guessing you meant to say that you change the above code to this?

_requireplot = 0;
if(isNumber (configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "requireplot")) then {
_requireplot = getNumber(configFile >> "CfgVehicles" >> _classname >> "requireplot");
};

Then, of course, you'd have to call the custom player_build.sqf in your compiles.sqf file.

I get what you're saying and I appreciate the help. I tried pulling the file and calling it out to execute, but still no luck. I'm sure I'm doing it wrong. Could someone go into a little more detail as to how to make the changes?

Thanks,

Copy the compiles.sqf and player_build.sqf from the DayZ code into your mission in a folder of your choice. (For me custom2) Change in the player_build.sqf "_requireplot = 1;" to "_requireplot = 0;" Then change the line in the compiles.sqf "player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\ z \ addons \ dayz_code \ actions \ player_build.sqf";" to "player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom2 \ player_build.sqf";" Then go into your mission init.sqf and change the line "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\ z \ addons \ dayz_code \ init \ compiles.sqf";" to "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom2 \ compiles.sqf";" Done!

Copy the compiles.sqf and player_build.sqf from the DayZ code into your mission in a folder of your choice. (For me custom2) Change in the player_build.sqf "_requireplot = 1;" to "_requireplot = 0;" Then change the line in the compiles.sqf "player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\ z \ addons \ dayz_code \ actions \ player_build.sqf";" to "player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom2 \ player_build.sqf";" Then go into your mission init.sqf and change the line "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\ z \ addons \ dayz_code \ init \ compiles.sqf";" to "call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "custom2 \ compiles.sqf";" Done!

I took the above post and put it into a more readable format.

Copy the compiles.sqf and player_build.sqf from the DayZ code into your mission in a folder of your choice. (Ex. Scripts)

Change in the player_build.sqf

_requireplot = 1;

to

_requireplot = 0;

Then change the line in the compiles.sqf 

​player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\actions\player_build.sqf";

to

player_build = compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\player_build.sqf";

Then go into your mission init.sqf and change the line

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "\z\addons\dayz_code\init\compiles.sqf";

to

call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "Scripts\compiles.sqf";

1.0.3.1 Patch to be released in the next 24 hours.

[ADDED] DZE_requireplot override variable added. DZE_requireplot = 0; in init.sqf disables plot pole requirement to build. @vbawol

Posted by vbawol, 10 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

So i guess you just add this to your init and it should work?  Was not added in update files.

We play on a chernarus epoch 1.0.3.1 servor.

Our base is actually despawning. We have 4 plots one in each corner, they all indicate 0items to maintain pay 2*10oz gold. If i pay nothing happen.

I remove plots and replace them, same thing 0 items to repare...And all despawn day after day. Please you know an issue to this ?

Makes no sense. If I redeploy a plot pole and pay maintenance, it finds all base items, even those placed under the previous plot pole and characterID. I believe 1.4 will change the plot pole to attach to the playerID instead, in which case I would want to remove the ability of other players to deconstruct the plot pole.

1.0.3.1 Patch to be released in the next 24 hours.

[ADDED] DZE_requireplot override variable added. DZE_requireplot = 0; in init.sqf disables plot pole requirement to build. @vbawol

Posted by vbawol, 10 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

It would be nice, but atm that doesn't work...

Anyway currently or upcoming in the new patch to stop plot poles preventing loot from spawning or to add a variable to restrict loot spawns to say 10m or something? For example, player builds base near supermarket, no loot spawns there etc.

Sure it does. I built my base without a plot pole and when I was happy with it, I bought a plot pole and stuck it in the ground.

Wait..

I added:

DZE_requireplot = 0;

to my init.sqf in the dayz_mission.pbo (and then hosted on dayz.st) and it still requires the plot poles... any tips for me pls??

(BTW I was buiding in Zub, it says "This building requires a plot pole to build within 30m" - maybe it is something related to that structure?)