1.0.3 performance issues or desync try this first.

vbawol

Question

The light mod was enabled by default for chernarus 11 this maybe causing some issues. Look to see if you have this enabled:
if (true) then{
 [0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
};
Change to: 
//[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
Also if you have your own anti-hack might want to make sure you do not have ours enabled.
[] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf";

The light mod was enabled by default for chernarus 11 this maybe causing some issues. Look to see if you have this enabled:
if (true) then{
 [0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
};
Change to: 
//[0,0,true,true,true,58,280,600,[0.698, 0.556, 0.419],"Generator_DZ",0.1] execVM "\z\addons\dayz_code\compile\local_lights_init.sqf";
Also if you have your own anti-hack might want to make sure you do not have ours enabled.

dont HELP :/ 

I enabled the settings per this post and the other post and its a day/night difference. I originally removed all my mods will the issue still there, then slowly removed mods changed this setting then included almost all the mods again except for mods that added extra buildings. Great followup vabwol.

if (true) then{
};
Change to: 

Worked for us. :)

if (true) then{
};
Change to: 

What is "your" anti-hack?

i seted right now 2 server with no addons stuff from my side so i added only my Database to the Server the one was running with 1.0.2.5  and the other running with 1.0.3 and i have on 1.0.2.5 like 30 FPS more and other Players on my Server too..

and i deleted the lines in the init.sqf 

if (true) then{
};

and fps still on 1.0.3 like really bad  :/ 

I'm also getting players complaining that waypoint don't work any more, i.e they can't left shift and mouse click.. Yet , I can do it fine.  I'm wondering if this is also a result of whatever is broken in 1.0.3 .  Dam and I thought this was going to be an easy week off for me :P

Edit: and I've just been told by my hosting provider that they aren't looking into this issue any further because it's definitely Epoch!!

Still I don't think so, the server monitor has been completely reworked.. that doesn't have to be bad but I think there might be a performance "bug" in there somewhere.

Just for fun I've made screenshots of the difference between 1.0.2.5 and 1.0.3, because many don't know how to open FSM files properly:

flHlwQJ.png

server_cleanup.fsm in Epoch 1.0.2.5

i7HwRRD.png

server_cleanup.fsm in Epoch 1.0.3

As you may see the new version has 1 and 5 seconds loops and stuff for checking objects..

This fix seemed to have worked for me. Vilayer actually told me about this fix/thread, but ofcourse thanks development for providing the hotfix :)

It seems i have not even one issue left except one!(offtopic) Mission loot boxes are despawning. But i'm thinking it has something to do with the server_updateobject.sqf or server_cleanup.fsm file. Not sure how to fix this though.

Other than this, i really love the 1.0.3. patch!

It would be in the system folder under the client files, not the server files.  Either way it's disabled from the Mission PBO's init.sqf file.

Sorry, totally confused here.  I do not have a System folder in the client files and "\z\addons\dayz_code\system\antihack.sqf"; does not exist on my server.  Can anyone clear this up for me?

Are there files I can not see in the server system folder?  I also can't see server_monitor.

In regards to BEC not working, my restarts were not happening seemingly during busy times so I implemented a change to the timeout settings. By default its 60 sec, i upped it to 180. I should find out this afternoon when I get home from work if this resolved it. The setting is in the BEC config file. While im at it I will do the lights thing I guess.

In regards to BEC not working, my restarts were not happening seemingly during busy times so I implemented a change to the timeout settings. By default its 60 sec, i upped it to 180. I should find out this afternoon when I get home from work if this resolved it. The setting is in the BEC config file. While im at it I will do the lights thing I guess.

The lights have always baffled me.  Even if you comment them out in the ini file, they are still on in the cities and villages etc.  So whatever that setting is you're commenting out, it isn't to turn off the lights.  I've seen people ask about this before but yet again no real answers were given.  I guess it's just a mystery, a gremlin in the works, a bug, oh wait yeah, it's probably a bug!! The BEC suggestion worked btw :)