1.0.3.1 BUG: Cinder Upgrades not Syncing to Database

Ragotag

Question

Recently upgraded both a CinderWallHalf_DZ to a CinderWall_DZ, and a CinderWallDoorSmall_DZ to a CinderWallDoorSmallLocked_DZ.  In both cases, upgrades were rendered to all clients on the server at the time of upgrade, but no database writes occurred.  This left these two objects in an odd state:  for the rendered CinderWall_DZ, the bottom half had prompts for both upgrading/removing the cinder half wall while the upper half only had the prompt for upgrading the full cinder wall; when attempting to upgrade the rendered CinderWallDoorSmall_DZ to a CinderWallDoorSmallLocked_DZ, the message "Not setup yet." is displayed.  These two objects were placed inside a building on an elevated floor.

I restarted the server after verifying that the appropriate database writes had not occurred, and as expected, my upgraded objects were rolled back to the objects indicated in the database.  I replicated the problem by upgrading both objects once again, and although both were rendered to have been upgraded, no database updates for these two objects occurred and the same glitchy behavior occurred in the mouse wheel prompts.   Prior to 1.0.3, these objects were successfully placed in the exact same locations without any problems.

16 answers to this question

I appear to be having this issue as well.  I just built a test cinder wall in my base and it publishes to the DB.  I immediatly tried to upgrade it and on my screen in works but in the DB it didn't and my arma2oaserver.rpt file it showed the error below.  I am going to test this further with other building types to see if it is limited to cinder walls or if it includes the door and wall upgrades as well.

7:37:37 Error in expression <ctUID =  _this select 6;

if(_objectID == "0" && _objectUID == "0") exitWith {d>
 7:37:37   Error position: <== "0" && _objectUID == "0") exitWith {d>
 7:37:37   Error Generic error in expression
 7:37:37 File z\addons\dayz_server\compile\server_swapObject.sqf, line 18

EDIT:
I just tested this with wood stairs upgrading from unsupported to supported, a wood wall to include a window and a wood doorway to have a door, I get the same error I posted above this every time in the RPT file and it doesn't upgrade in the DB.

When digging through my file to find the issue I found that I accidentaly have the 1.0.3 server files in place instead of 1.0.3.1 (at least some of them) so this my be my issue.  Once I resolve that I will do further testing.

Edited by Phyrstorm

Client files were correct I just copied the wrong folder from my test machine to my public server.  There were only 3 files different (stock at least not including my custom changes) between 1.0.3 and 1.0.3.1 server file wise.  Here is the list.

dayz_server\compile\server_swapObject.sqf
dayz_server\init\server_functions.sqf
dayz_server\system\server_cleanup.fsm

Once I got those in place with my script/mod changes in place the upgrades to buildings were working again.