1.0.1.5 Bug Reports

Falcon911

Question

On the Lingor map, the location of the Hero trader makes trade fairly pointless. You are unable to buy or sell any armed vehicles unless you find them on that island (or only want to drive them around on that island). By comparison, the Bandit trader is on the mainland - so bandits are able to buy/sell armed vehicles freely.

I had a fair number of complaints on my server, so I swapped the Hero and Bandit traders positions. This just punishes the bandit players, though.  Perhaps the best approach would be to relocate the Hero trader to the mainland on the Lingor map?

Little bug:

The new SCAR-H Sniper...has no ammo.

It cant use DMR mags and its native ammo, according to the config files (Yay sixconfig browser) isn't on the drop lists from what i can tell, much less any trader.

Yeh, little oops.

SCAR H still a one shot kill? Does a lot of damage if I remember correctly from wasteland, not sure if different in Dayz..

I would prefer SCAR L variants be added (Unless they already are and I am derping again..)

I did notice the black screen and lack of a counter for the first person joining. It should be like that only while the server is still loading up. Setpos count restriction? is there a kick # and if so what is the code that was logged?

sinde the upgrade to 1.0.1.4 i have the problem that the first player who connects after a server restart only sees the loadingscreen waiting for character to create with the counter up to 50 and ends up in a black screen...

esc - abort to the lobby and re-enter and it works...

but i have the problem now on 1.0.1.5 that i get this black screen again and again and again...

after i was kicked by the annoying SetPos Count Restriction i cant get back in to my server...

I did notice the black screen and lack of a counter for the first person joining. It should be like that only while the server is still loading up. Setpos count restriction? is there a kick # and if so what is the code that was logged?

This issue with the black screen for the first person to join is related to the number of wrecks being spawned. Reduce it to like 300 and it no longer occurs. I did not test 400.

Restart the server, load in, wait the timer out, disconnect, look at your RPT log to see how many wrecks were spawned before you were able to disconnect. Here is my log before I did the fix, was 301 wrecks before I was able to disconnect. Maybe your server will require less?

2:04:00 "HIVE: Spawning # of Debris: 500"
 2:04:00 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed datsun02Wreck with DynamicDebris at [7089.26,4505.39]"
 2:04:00 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed Rubbish2 with DynamicDebris at [3993.24,4782.65]"
 2:04:27 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed UAZWreck with DynamicDebrisMilitary at [7058.58,2739.83]"
 2:04:27 "DEBUG: Spawning a crashed UralWreck with DynamicDebrisMilitary at [5373.06,2980.57]"
 2:04:48 "DISCONNECT: anthony (XXXXXXXXX) Object: any, _characterID: any" 

Soo don't know the cause of this, maybe yall do.

So in 1.0.1.4 I placed down a 30m plot pole, Nice Wooden Shed, Storage Shed. This was all 3 days ago (The server i play on only updated to 1.0.1.5 today).

Yesterday (Still at 1.0.1.4) i tried to place a 2nd Storage Shed down. I get the error "Must be within 30m of a plot pole". First thought is ..wtf..its right there, 2days old. So i go and buy a 2nd plot pole...and try to place it down. Guess what.. "Cannot place a plot pole in 45m of another plot pole". REALLY?

So lets see..I can't place the storage shed(or a forest camo net, or a lamp post) because...there's no plot pole within 30m?

Yet I cant place a new plot pole..because it has to be 45m away from the current plot pole?

Make up your mind game!

Anyways, so today, in 1.0.1.5. I figure it might have fixed itself, some bug with 1.0.1.4 or somesuch. Nope, same shit.
So i had the second thought..hey..they added removal! Let me just remove all my stuff and i can replace it all down.

Sounds like a great idea right? Yeh no.

No removal option. Have all the tools in my belt, clicked them all to check, nada.

So where is this famed removal option? And also..why are my plot poles being superfucking special?

Cypher,

I've got the very same problem you have, luckily the admin deleted all my prior plot poles from the DB so I could place a new one.

That said I'd like to add that

• I've never been able to pick up a plot pole again, not those placed at 1.0.1.1 and converted to the new model with 1.0.1.3 and not the one placed at 1.0.1.4. The last one stands on open field, so the unaccessibility is not due to placement in a rock or tree. By unaccessible I mean that I don't get a mouse menu.
  • When removing my old poles from the DB the admin had some trouble correlating the plot pole id/position with the buildings registered to it. It seemed that buildings built at pole 3 were registered to pole 2.

ok guys... another kick problem...

the autogyro for example has the option to

rotate aircraft left
rotate aircraft right
push aircraft

when i try it i get kicked with a SetPos Count Restriction

Just check your log files to find out which filter in battleye folder is causing the kick and write an exception for it in the corresponding battleye file.

I am having a problem with the C130's not being usable after dropping a ton of gold for them. I have tried it as well as another server admin and it does not give us the "Unlock" option. It doesn't give us any option other than gear and that is only at the door (left/front). It also spawns just far enough away from the trader where we can't sell it back, so we have to go into the DB and delete it to remove it. I left mine for several restarts, thinking that something might just be glitched on it since i purchased it close to server reboot time, but nothing.

Any ideas?

I did find 2 out in the map and was able to get in and fly them, if that makes a difference.

Restart the server, load in, wait the timer out, disconnect, look at your RPT log to see how many wrecks were spawned before you were able to disconnect. Here is my log before I did the fix, was 301 wrecks before I was able to disconnect. Maybe your server will require less?

I always turn down max debris because it is unnecessary and takes alot of DB sync away. If you still haven't figured it out show me your hiveext.log. Ive got fixes if its what I think it is.

""first connection to my server "waiting for character to create" - black screen- esc - lobby - try again everything is fine,

but if I logout and return after cannot enter more "waiting for character to create" and black screen... and it happens to all players ...
if  restart the server the first time entering all players, but only one time after stop it "waiting for character to create" and black screen
all time that you try ...

.. this after the patch 1.0.1.5 ..  before no problem

and many plots and reinforcements are gone ... but not after patch .. after some restart ...

how to solve?""

EDITED....

"SOLVED"

My problem is Antihack ..

removed include REsec.sqf"

re: black screen login issue - unfortunately, nothing I do will resolve the problem. Completely vanilla 1.0.1.5 and reduced the wrecks to 100. Not working on Vilayer or HFB. I'm out of ideas.

I am using DayZ.st and now have the same problem. Only half of my addons were working so I went back to vanilla and that is when it happened.