Custom buildings

Nerostix

Yes, you can use a custom mission file. My server has a heavily modified mission.sqm.

Actually, Epoch is very open to customization. Even editing the traders is remarkably straight forward.

Maybe you'd like to share some of your knowledge with me, as we want to modify some aspects but aren't quite sure on the how-to.

Yes, you can use a custom mission file. My server has a heavily modified mission.sqm.

Actually, Epoch is very open to customization. Even editing the traders is remarkably straight forward.

Do you use the 2D or 3D editor?

With epoch we do not use the database for buildings and use the mission.sqf file within the missions folder. You can edit this file to change/add more custom buildings. When you use the 3d editor it will save its own mission.sqf file along side the mission.biedi. You can use sections of this automatically generated code in the same way we have, just make sure you use our base mission.sqf as a base and only copy and paste additions to it. 

With epoch we do not use the database for buildings and use the mission.sqf file within the missions folder. You can edit this file to change/add more custom buildings. When you use the 3d editor it will save its own mission.sqf file along side the mission.biedi. You can use sections of this automatically generated code in the same way we have, just make sure you use our base mission.sqf as a base and only copy and paste additions to it. 

Spank you very much dear sir.

u can just set all buildings to spawn in via the database:

u choose a object id that has not been taken, and u can take the object uid as the same as the object id...

fill in the classname, put in 0 as character id and in the inventory box put []

the downside, it takes u ages to build a base, as u have to copy paste the worldspace manually instead of just copy the intire file into the mission file :s

in this way, u can also spawn cars (if u want locked ones, fill in the character id with the player uid of the future owner)

spawning cars is at own risk though, they have the intention of respawning wenn destroyed...

The easy way that I've done it previously is by using a vehicle in-game.  Move it to the location where you want the building, then change its classname in the object_data table of the database to that of the building you wish to place there (I generally toss painkillers in the back so that I can quickly identify the correct vehicle using a simple SQL query).  I also do some custom building in the editor, but this quick and dirty change works well when I'm not adding a great deal of items.

IF anyone needs, on the Chernarus map, I can explain the worldspace and how it relates to the map. IT is NOT the same as the GPS reading it is

[XXX,[XXXXX.XX,XXXXX.XX,XXXXX.XX]] or [Degrees of facing,[Latitude,Longitude,Elevation]] or [Degrees,[X,Y,Z]]

I am new to this way of injecting buildings/objects.. 

For a builder that has 202 different object/building types in 1502 unique areas.. will this be a nightmare for me?

Yeah 1502.. Arma II Editor is my new Sim City! And what a city!

I tend not to just spam a bunch of barracks on the coast rather to add to the bountiful land of Chernarus!

Cheers,

Bungle

Oh Also, 

I came across a nice little mod that bundles and adds buildings to the editor. Not only that but Foliage as well.

If this small addition was packed into the mod would it allow for those object classes to exist and in turn allow of tree's to be placed? (Not creating Woodland for Harvesting but more so for Regrowth to the land 5 years after..

I mean.. 

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/who-is-cutting-the-lawn-in-the-walking-dead.jpg (Low-Level Language for Younger viewers)

Cheers,

Bungle

This:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194

Very handy when editing the map's unsure however if bundled with the client files would give server owners the ability to add in plants and tree's as destructible objects that reset upon server restart. From there even look into crops/plants harvesting for recipes even mining for future base building options.

This:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6194

Very handy when editing the map's unsure however if bundled with the client files would give server owners the ability to add in plants and tree's as destructible objects that reset upon server restart. From there even look into crops/plants harvesting for recipes even mining for future base building options.

I already use it :D

When adding extra buildings via mission.sqf, they're placed under "vehicles" and the normal Epoch mission.sqf vehicles end at number 71, so go into your documents folder, find your saved mission.sqf, edit the soldier out and renumber starting from 72 and going upwards. Then copy into your mission.sqf on your server after 71.

Looking at the numbers for re-numbering my objects...  :unsure:

Could perhaps the Epoch Guys provide a copy of their mission so we can load that as a default to work onto? Then replace all in the mission.sqf excluding the first 71.

I wouldn't mind re-building my own server map using what the epoch guys have as a base that way it will be adding onto rather than trying to merge two maps.